Are you trying to celebrate Valentine’s Day, but you’re stuck on a tight budget? Don’t worry, you can still celebrate with your loved one and give them the most awesome gifts around, and you won’t even break the bank with these adorable DIY Valentine’s Day gifts. Sounds pretty inviting, hey?
We shouldn’t feel like we have to spend hundreds of dollars on our loved ones every year on Valentine’s Day. If that is something that you want to do, there’s nothing wrong with that, but either way, try not to forget that just spending quality time with your loved one is the greatest gift of all, and try to not take it for granted.
Here is a list of a few adorable, thoughtful, romantic, and easy (Hallelujah!) DIY Valentine’s Day gifts that your loved one will appreciate.
14 DIY Valentine’s Day gifts that your special someone will love
- 52 Things I Love About You Click here to check out the many adorable ways you can make your “52 Ways I Love You” deck of cards.
- Open When Letters Click here to find out how to make Open When letters for your special someone.
- Fill a jar with reasons why you love them Click here to see an example (but you should make up your own reasons!)
- Reasons Why I Love You book Here is an example of a book you can buy, but instead, you can make your own.
- Our Story book The same thing as above, only instead of listing the reasons that you love them, write a book about your very unique love story.
- Bake Valentine’s day sweets and present them beautifully on a platter to your loved one. Click here for some ideas.
- Create a 5 Senses gift Click here to find out how to make your own.
- Make a homemade card anybody can go out and buy a card for their loved one, but nothing beats a homemade card with a handwritten love note. The love and time that goes into creating your unique card should make any person feel loved!
- Decorate a picture frame and put your favourite picture of the two of you in it.
- Go on a penny date Have you ever been on a penny date? It’s a simple, affordable, and super fun date. All you do is:
Grab a penny
Let your partner pick a number between 10 and 20 (or higher if you want to go further)
Head out to your car and begin
Heads = right turn. Tails = left turn.
Every time you come to a junction, flip the penny and turn in whichever direction it indicates
Once you have flipped the penny the number of times that your partner picked (up in step 2)
You STOP, look around, and make a date right where you are!
You can also start off by packing a picnic and having a picnic wherever you end up.
- Make homemade bath bombs for your spouse Click here to find out how!
- Create a treasure hunt and present them with your homemade map and get ready for some fun!
- Crochet or knit them some socks, or mittens, or a cup snuggie.
- Make your own date night jar Click here to find inspiration.
- Preplanned date package Plan out some dates (you choose how many), and put them nicely in their own packages and label them. You can do one for each month of the year, or one each week. You get to choose.
Bonus: Printable Sticky Love Notes
33 Valentine’s Day Gifts Your Man Will Love
10 Fun Things for Singles to do This Valentine’s Day
5 Senses Valentine’s Day Gift For Him
26 Unique Ways to Respect Your Husband
How to Thrive When You’re a Single Income Family
Do you have some favourite DIY
gifts of your own?
Feel free to share them below,
I’d love to hear from you!
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12