This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for information.
These Gingersnap cookies are my husbands favourite cookies, they make a great treat and fill your house with a smell of the holidays with all the wonderful spices used in this delicious recipe.
- 3/4 c. Butter, softened
- 1 c. White sugar
- 1/3 c. molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 c. Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add molasses and egg, beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, spices, and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Recommended for easy handling but not a must, cover and chill about 1 hour for easy handling. Place some white sugar into a bowl. Shape dough into 1″ balls.
- Roll in sugar to coat well.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake @ 350*F for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12