This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure for information.
With Christmas coming up right around the corner there are SO many delicious looking Christmas recipes out there. So I thought I should post this delectable cookie recipe that is a favourite around our house.
These Peanut Butter Kiss cookies have always been on our menu at Christmas in my family. Their soft and moist dough topped with a perfect little chocolate kiss makes it understandable why they are such a popular choice not only in our family but also in many other families around this time of year.
This hidden gem, the peanut butter kiss cookie recipe (actually called Chipits Mini Kisses Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter Blossoms) is originally found on the back of any Hershey’s Chipits Mini Kisses package, but so few people know about it!
I like to use margarine for most of my baking since I bake a lot and butter can get very expensive, but this is one recipe that I have found turns out very greasy if you substitute the butter with margarine, so in this recipe I stick with using butter!
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Hershey's Chipits Mini Kisses (one for each cookie)
- Additional sugar for rolling dough in.
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Beat butter with peanut butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla.
- In separate bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually beat dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch (2cm) balls.
- Roll dough balls in additional sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven; immediately press one mini chocolate kiss into centre of each cookie.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- * For chocolate cookies add 1/3 c. cocoa powder to dough.
Do you have a favourite Christmas cookie recipe?
I’d love to hear from you!