Do you have free time? What do you do with it? To help you get up and not let your days go to waste – here are 30 simple and productive things to do with your free time.
While there is nothing at all wrong with just spending some down time with your loved ones when you have a spare moment, sometimes it can feel nice to do something productive with your time.
You might have a large abundance of free time in your life, or it might feel far and few in between in your life right now.
Do you ever have free time and feel like you’re just sitting around, trying to find something useful to fill the gaps with? Or maybe you don’t get much of it so you try and take advantage of it when it does come around.
Whoever you may be, and however much (or little) extra time you have, there are always ways that we can use our time to be more productive, happier, and healthier.
Don’t waste your day feeling like you did nothing useful with your free time. Our days can slip by so quickly, without us even noticing, that you might be laughing at this, thinking to yourself, “who even has free time?”
You Might Also Like: 10 Ways we Save Money While Living on One Income
Or, maybe you feel like you’re doing good. Your days are full, but not too full, your free time is nice and relaxing. You’re just the perfect type of busy where it’s not taking over your life, but you don’t feel lazy, either.
But are you being productive with your days?
PUT YOUR SPARE TIME TO WORK FOR YOU
I’ll admit, some days you do need to just sit your butt down on the couch and just be there. Some days you don’t need to be super productive with your spare time. But some days you should be.
Don’t let every spare minute of every day slip by. Try challenging yourself to do even just one of the following things to fill your spare time, not with useless stuff, but with productivity.
30 EASY AND PRODUCTIVE THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR FREE TIME
1) Pay some bills
2) Do some cleanup around your house
3) Wash the dishes
5) Dust the house
6) Go for a walk
7) Do a quick work out
8) Sort the mail
9) Reply to emails/letters that you haven’t yet
10) Return any important calls that you need to
11) Start dinner prep
12) Put appointments or important dates on the calendar
13) Learn a new hobby
14) Weed the garden
15) Don’t have a garden yet? Create space in your backyard for a garden
16) Research and learn more about something that interests you
17) Sort through your closet and get rid of unnecessary items
18) Learn how to do your own canning
19) Read the Bible
20) Read a book
22) Do a craft
23) Get artsy – draw, sew, crochet, paint, knit
24) Bake and/or cook. You can never have too many baked goods in the freezer…right? (My husband would beg to differ as it is difficult to find anything in our freezer because it’s so full of baking.)
25) Play cards.By yourself? That’s fine, learn how to play solitaire.
26) Reorganize a room in your house
27) Reach out to a long time friend, or someone new, and have them over for coffee
29) Spend time with your family
30) And of course… Start a blog! Blogging has been an incredible adventure for me since I started just several months ago, and I love it. It’s hard work, but it so rewarding. If you love writing (truth be told, you don’t even have to love it right now. I used to dislike writing, but I now enjoy it so, so much) and are looking for a creative outlet, blogging could be for you! Click here to see how I finally got the courage to start my blog then, click here to learn how to start your very own successful blog & start making money from home!
What are some things you like to fill your spare time with? I’d love to hear from you!
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Romans 12:12