Deliberately Here is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Deliberately Here may contain third-party links to other websites that are not governed by this policy.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Deliberately Here
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
We collect information you provide directly to us. This might be your e-mail address, password, name, billing address, home address, phone number, gender, date of birth, photo, payment information, preference or interest data, website URL, and any other information you choose to provide – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. If you provide an email address to invite a friend to participate in the Services, we will collect that email address and use it to send your friend such an invitation. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
We may store and/or process information that you voluntarily submit through the Website for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletter, leaving comments, participating in a contest and/or promotion, buying a product, etc.
This information is only collected when you voluntarily submit or opt-in and enter this information.
Information automatically collected about you
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you.
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, browsing information, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
Mobile Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Other information we may collect: your shopping cart information, your shopping history (if there is any), etc.
This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our Services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information we collect from other sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures and determined by such social media site; we may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
The Website uses Google Analytics – which provides information such as referrals and user actions on the Website – to track statistics about users and Website traffic. No personally identifiable information is transferred from our Website to Google Analytics.
This Website participates in sponsored campaigns with various influencers, networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is openly disclosed as per the FTC’s requirements. These sponsored campaigns may use tracking pixels which may contain cookies. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign.
While visiting the Website, users can follow links to other sites that we do not have control over. Deliberately Here is not responsible for the content, ads, or privacy policies of these other sites.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Affiliate Program Participation – This Website may engage in affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. When these links are clicked, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for the purposes of commissions.
Deliberately Here is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. On Deliberately Here we post customized links that have been provided by Amazon to track referrals and sales for commission purposes. Amazon utilizes cookies to track visitors and any sales generated.
Publicly available information
If you leave comments or create a user account on the Website, some information may be publicly available. If you choose to make an account you will be asked to input an email address and password. While your email address and password will not be made public, users may be able to see your username, profile photo, profile description, and website information. If you choose to link to your social media accounts as well, these may also be publicly visible.
How we use your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data for various purposes, including to:
- provide, maintain, improve and promote our services and products to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- to send you newsletters, promotions, deals, contests, and more. Each email will allow you to unsubscribe at any time;
- to send you confirmation emails, administration emails, and information about security, technical alerts, and changes to policies;
- to respond to your comments and/or inquiries
- to provide you with needed support
- to protect, investigate and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- to personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- to link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- to carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the proccessing and transfer of your information and Personal Data.
On this Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which we may use for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels – this allows an analysis of the success of online campaigns. These pixels may allow us to see if and when you have opened an email from us and which links (if any) within the email you have clicked. This allows us to customize and improve any future email marketing campaigns and newsletters we send out.
You may opt-out of future emails by clicking the unsubscribe link that is placed in every email.
You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update any personal information.
You may request that we erase and/or forget your personal information by submitting a request to email@example.com
We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or when required by law.
You can access our privacy tools page here.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
Your personal information is not shared with any other third-parties, although information that does not identify you personally may be shared with other parties for marketing, advertising and/or other uses.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
- with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- when you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of our Services or others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- with your consent or at your direction.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services. If a parent or legal guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under 16, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove the information from our records.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Social sharing features: the Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Last modification was made 21 May 2018